Pre-University Education Department
For international students pre-University training programs are offered for the Russian language, Biology and Chemistry. International students are trained on the contractual fee-payment basis. The Study Contract guarantees tuition, dormitory accommodation (2-3 students sharing a room), access to textbooks, library, reading rooms, computer rooms, the Internet.
Tuition fees: US $ 1686
Length of studies: 9 months
Academic year: October 1st – June 30th
Winter vocation: one week in January
Application forms are accepted: June 1st – October 1 st
Upon completion of the program successful students are issued the certificate permitting to continue studies at the institutions of higher education in the Republic of Belarus and Russian Federation.
How to obtain the Letter of Invitation
International applicants who have chosen to take a study program at the Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine must receive the Letter of Invitation (Visa Letter) that will enable them to obtain a student’s visa in the Belarusian Embassy in the country of their residence or in the Belarusian Embassy in Moscow ( the address is: Russian Federation, Moscow, Maroseika str. 17/6).
In order to receive the Letter of Invitation a foreign citizen must submit to the Academy the following documents:
- Copy of educational certificate with the academic transcript (subjects studied, numbers of hours and examination marks received);
- Notary certified translation into Russian or Belarusian of the educational certificate with the academic transcript (subjects studied, numbers of hours and examination marks received);
- Copy of passport or any other identification document;
- Notary certified translation into Russian or Belarusian of a copy of passport or any other identification document;
- Application form.
Address for submitting the required documents:
Postal address: Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine
the Department of Pre-University Education, Career Guidance and Marketing
1-Dovatora str. 7/11, Vitebsk, 210026, Republic of Belarus
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the note: “Studies at the Academy”)
- Admission to VSAVM is selective; the Admissions Office examines the applications thoroughly and takes a decision of qualifying the applicant.
- Shortlisted applicants will be e-mailed the Letter of Invitation (visa letter);
- An applicant should obtain a Student’s visa in the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the country of his/her residence, or in the Belarusian Embassy in Moscow (address: Russian Federation, Moscow, Maroseika str,17/6).
The deadlines for coordination and forwarding the Letter of Invitation:
July 1st – September 1st.
The deadlines for accepting the documents from foreign citizens:
July 12 th– October15 th.
The commencement of studies at the Biotechnological Faculty and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – September 1st.
The language of instruction is Russian.
After crossing the border and arriving to Vitebsk a foreign citizen should personally submit to the Admissions office of the Academy ( address:1- Dovatora str. 3 «B», room № 16) the following documents:
- Passport with the Student’s visa of the Republic of Belarus;
- Application form, specifying the specialty of studies;
- Original educational certificate with the academic transcript (subjects studied, numbers of hours and examination marks received);
- Health certificate, with the note of the AIDS-free status of the candidate and the fluorography test results issued by the Health authorities in the candidate’s country of residence;
- Birth certificate;
- Medical insurance certificate;
- 6 photos (size 3 Х 4).
Note: For the Documents listed under 3, 4, 5, 6 a notary certified Russian or Belarusian translation should be provided.
Upon the expertise of Documents and qualifying the applicant the Academy shall assist with:
- Obtaining the temporary registration of a foreign citizen by the Bodies of Internal Affairs;
A Foreign citizen should be registered for temporary residence in the Republic of Belarus within 5 days starting from the day of crossing the border. The registration fee is 24.5 Belarusian rubles;
- Taking the primary medical examination at the medical center of the Academy;
- Accommodation in the student’s dormitory of the Academy;
- Making an official Study Contract;
- Taking the obligatory medical examination in a Public Health institution of Vitebsk as required;
- Making tuition fees payments;
- Making payments for the dormitory accommodation;
- Registration as a student of the pre-University Education Department (or as a faculty student if applicable);
- Obtaining a foreign citizen’s temporary registration (for the term of one year) with the bodies of Internal Affairs as required. (Registration fee is 73.5 Belarusian Rubles).
A candidate shall be invited for the assessment interview in the subjects: the Russian Language, Chemistry and Biology. Should the applicant’s results be under a satisfactory level (by the decision of the Admission commission), the applicant shall be offered to take the pre-University training courses at the Academy.
The city of Vitebsk
If you are enrolled to study in Belarus, at the Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, You should bear in mind the following charges that might be needed:
- Tuition fees (at the pre-University Education Department or the main faculties);
- Obligatory medical insurance (per year) – € 170;
- Obligatory medical examination – US $75;
- Temporary residence registration by the Internal Affairs Bodies – US $50 ;
- Dormitory accommodation (2-3 persons share a room) US $30 per month;
- The exit visa for home vocation – US $75;
- Minimal set of food products for a week – US $40 ;
- Breakfast + lunch at the students’ canteen cost at average US $5.
The average summer temperature in Belarus in summer time (June- August)+18 0 – +300C; In the autumn – winter period (October-March) -25 0 C – +100 C , then additional expenses for warm clothing and foot-wear might follow (about US $250-300).
The Republic of Belarus is situated in the Eastern part of Europe. Its territory is 207 600 km2. The Republic borders on Latvia, Poland, Ukraine and Russia. The population of the country is about 9.5 million. The official languages are Belarusian and Russian.
The climate varies from maritime to continental with mild winter and quite warm summer. Belarus is called a country of 3000 rivers and 10000 lakes. The area of the country is an alteration of picturesque planes and low hills. More than a quarter of its area is covered with forests. Belarus is famous for its National Park Belovezhskaya Pushcha.
The Belorussian Soviet Republic was formed on January 1, 1919. On December 30, 1922 the Republic became a member of the USSR. In 1991 Belarus was proclaimed an independent sovereign state, its official name is the Republic of Belarus. Belarus is a presidential Republic. The President is the head of state. On the 8th of December 1991 The Republic of Belarus became a member of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Administratively the Republic is divided into six regions, their main cities are: Minsk, Grodno, Brest,Vitebsk, Gomel and Mogilev. Minsk is the capital of Belarus, its population is about 2 million.
Belarus is a country of well developed science & culture. There is an Academy of Sciences, about 50 higher educational establishments.
Modern Belarus is a large economic region with a developed industry. The Republic produces tractors & other agricultural machinery, trucks & various metal-working equipment, furniture and many other kinds of consumer goods.
Vitebsk is situated in the North-East of Belarus. It is one of the most beautiful and ancient cities of the Republic, and it is recognized as a cultural and scientific centre. Various arts and music festivals, museums, Mark Chagall’s Centre, art galleries and exhibitions, multiple scientific gatherings attract participants and visitors from many countries of the world.
Vitebsk is famous for its beautiful architecture, clean streets and hospitality of its citizens. Universities of Vitebsk are quite popular with students of many nations.
The Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine trains high quality veterinary specialists using the unique curriculum. Upon graduation there is a possibility for graduates to continue their carrier taking a post-graduate course like MSc or PhD. Nowadays, possibilities and perspectives are open for those confident in themselves, not afraid of facing challenges and eagerly looking for the better future work and life.